Humber Link Road
The creation of an all new link-road, connecting the ports of Immingham and Grimsby along the South Humber Bank is a major part of the South Humber Industrial Investment Programme.
The new Humber Link Road will open-up important parts of land with Enterprise Zone status that lies within the SHIIP area and allow new and existing businesses to be greater serviced.
The new 2.5km of adaptable highway will offer significant advantages to businesses on the south Humber bank, including:
- Journey times between Immingham and Grimsby ports will be cut by approximately twenty-minutes;
- Reduced traffic pressures on the A180;
- Improved access to business locations;
- A positive impact on business efficiency and logistics;
- Facilitates access to future development land on the South Humber Bank.
The road lies next to the land that will be developed by Velocys for its new ‘green’ plant and was a factor in its decision to come to the South Humber Bank.